Thursday, July 3, 2008

Reviews of I'll Be Sober in the Morning

22 of 25 people found the following review helpful:
Countless retorts and hilarious vocal burns, May 7, 2008
By
Midwest Book Review (Oregon, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Upon stumbling in on a nude Winston Churchill as he was a guest in the white house, Churchill said to Franklin Delanor Roosevelt "The Prime Minister of Britain has nothing to hide from the President of the United States." - "I'll Be Sober In the Morning: Great Political Comebacks, Put downs, & Ripostes" shows that some of the most powerful men in the world have also have been some of the most sharp-witted. Filled cover to cover with countless retorts and hilarious vocal burns, and charmingly illustrated by Steve Stegalin, "I'll Be Sober In the Morning: Great Political Comebacks, Put downs, & Ripostes" is highly recommended to humor shelves everywhere with a nod to political studies shelves.

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
Really Fun Book, June 11, 2008
By
W. C. McCormack "redsoxfan" (Portsmouth, NH, USA) - See all my reviews
Loved this little book - it reads quickly, and is a great compendium of comebacks and putdowns by the rich and famous. Good stocking stuffer for pursuers of political trivia, opponents of the politically correct, and for those like me who always say "I wish I'd said that!". I only wish it had been longer.

No comments: